Step 1: Confirm the press release provider name by selecting the appropriate organisation name.
Step 2: Select the appropriate option for whether you would like the press release to be embargoed.
If yes, select a date for the embargoed to be uplifted and enter the time for the embargoed to be uplifted in the format HHMM, in GMT.
E.g. To set the Press Release uplift embargo time to be 10:00, enter 0900.
NOTE: An embargoed Press Release will not be lifted automatically. (See embargoed section for further details.)
If no, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Select a Topic. (Mandatory)
NOTE: For steps 4 and 5 Special characters cannot be used, only letters, numbers and white spaces can be used.
Step 4: Enter the primary keyword.(Mandatory)
Step 5: Enter the secondary keyword.(Mandatory)
NOTE: For Steps 6 to 9 special characters can be used. Do NOT insert HTML markup as this will not be displayed.
Step 6: Enter the headline. (Mandatory)
Step 7: Enter body text. (Mandatory)
Step 8: Enter Additional body test. (Optional)
Step 9: Enter Notes. (Optional)
Step 10: Select the appropriate option for whether you would like the Press Release to contain images (including logo).
If Yes, click next to view the images part of the form. Continue to the steps in the image section.
If No, go to step 11.
Step 11: Select ‘submit’ to complete and submit the form.
Step 12: You will receive an email confirming the submission where you will need to approve or reject the submission. NOTE: The email will contain a .txt file of your submission.
You can add one logo followed by up to 3 other images.
If you do not wish to add a logo then leave the image detail fields blank and go to step 4 below.
Step 1: Enter a valid image URL. If you are not using google drive to generate the image url, please ensure you have sent us the domain name of your image hosting site in the customer set up to ensure your images get displayed. (mandatory)
NOTE: Please generate google drive image URL from the image view and not the folder view.
NOTE: For steps 2 and 3 Special characters cannot be used, only letters, numbers and white spaces can be used.
Step 2: Enter an image caption. (Optional)
Step 3: Enter image copyright. (Optional)
Step 4: Do you wish to add another image?
If yes, select yes, click next and follow the adding image steps again.
If no, select no and click submit to complete and submit the form.
Return to step 12 above.
- An embargoed Press Release will not be lifted automatically.
- To uplift the embargo you will need to submit another form with the same details however select ‘no’ for embargoed.
- You must make sure the topic and both keywords are the same as the initial submission.
- You wIll need to do this around the embargoed time you set in the initial form submission.
- To correct or update a press release that has already been submitted you’ll need to submit another form with the same details as the initial submission with the corrections or updates.
- If it is not resubmitted on the same day then it will submit as a new press release rather than a correction or update.
- If there were images on the initial form you will need to add them again if you require them.
- You can also update or correct image details. If you update a press release by removing an image, this image will be unlinked to the press release however the image could be visible in other parts of the system.
- Contact customer support if you submit a correction or update not on the same day as the initial submission and wish to remove the initial submission from our database completely.
Updated over 2 years ago